Foundation Program (FP)
Mondays, 7:00 – 9:00 pm at Millburn Mall
The purpose of the Foundation Program is to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience of Buddhism. It provides a systematic course of study in the teachings of Kadampa Buddhism.
Through regular teachings and meditation, systematic study, and group discussion, the Foundation Program (FP) offers the same training followed by spiritual practitioners in an unbroken lineage dating back to Buddha Shakyamuni. In this way we can gain authentic experience of the Dharma while still maintaining our contemporary lifestyle. By studying on this program we shall gain great confidence in meditation – from basic techniques for overcoming our everyday problems to practices leading to unsurpassed happiness and permanent inner peace.
Please contact the resident teacher, Peter Kurczynski if you are interested in joining this study program.
Call: 973 847-5421 or email: email@example.com
The program comprises the following five subjects, based on Buddha’s Sutras (publicly accessible teachings) and their commentaries, as presented in the books of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
- The stages of the path to enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
- Training the mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness
- The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary Heart of Wisdom
- Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
- Buddhist understanding of the mind, based on the commentary Understanding the Mind